Mira88 Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father has not used his Mira88 shower for some years. It is possible to turn on the water, although it is hard to move, but the temperature control will not shift by hand. I would prefer not to dismantle so any ideas about how to procedd would be welcome. CotonH

Sponsored Links
There's sure to be a bit of limescale build up on the shafts, and the 'o' ring seals are likely to have dried up somewhat.
About the only thing you can do is to pull off the temperature and flow knobs and squirt some WD40 around the spindle ends, working the shower as you do so.
The trouble is, you could well get drips afterwards, but a full service kit is available from the likes of the Showerdoc etc. Naturally to do this, the shower has to be isolated from the water supply.
John :)

It take it that it was functioning correctly prior to not being used.
It is likely that the control has seized up. Could need freeing, clean and lubricate, you will need to do some investigation though.

Yes, I had a shower last week so it is only the temperature control that is not working - I suspect it was at the temperature Dad liked it and so had not been used.

Sponsored Links
That link is to a mira gem 88 not a mira 88 totally different internals.

You'll be very lucky to free the temp dial without stripping down and fitted a service kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back