Mirror built in to tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be tiling my bathroom, but having seen similar in hotels, I like the idea of having a mirror built into the field tiling of the wall.

1. Where can I purchase mirror glass from, with perfect edges? Or would it be easier to cannibalise an existing mirror?

2. Is mirror glass easily stuck to the wall with tile adhesive? Or should I use something else? Sealant?

3. With the mirror being on the outside wall, I could do with a heated pad behind it to prefect condensation. Any recommendations I can get online? I have seen this in hotels too, where I stayed with some work colleagues. One of them asked over dinner, how do they get a clear square in the middle of the mirror, when the rest of the mirror is steamed up? Only I knew the answer!

Sponsored Links
ive done the same,didnt bother with anything behind it so to speak to stop it misting up,as it will do this anyway when the bathroom is in use.
iirc i either used gripfil or silicone to stick mine up with.
think i got them from 1 of the sheds,but to be honest you could use any mirror you like to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back