Mis-informed quote of the month

Sponsored Links
there is a solution..

get a bit of flex and put a 13a plug on either end.

plug one end into one socket and one into the other.

hey presto! a filling loop.

thats all well and good but remember, there are 2 ends to a cable... you need to find the right end or the electrickery flows the wrong way.

good point, well put.

If you get it back to front, when you wire your lighting circuit up, it might suck all the light out of the house

If the bends in the cable are too sharp any electrons travelling too fast might not make the turn and skid off the wire. Therefore insulation should be stronger on the bends to keep the electrons from crashing off the wire.

Sponsored Links
Caution! D. Cockburn, electrician supreme, has been known to haunt this forum.

We don't want to be giving him any ideas for a new book, do we now? :evil:

Never mind a little bit of electrickery leaking out of switched-on sockets, you must not let the smoke out. If you let any smoke out you can be sure that something will stop working.

ericmark
your right in your observation i work for n.g and their apprentices are nothing more than glorified labourers .i did three years on one hospital and the lad i was working with never touched a cable .thats three quarters of his apprenticeship .how are they expected to learn?

edited for spelling :oops:

Or if it's OFC....

Russ reckons you can improve beyond measure the sound output of your system by replacing the leads:

What will a Russ Andrews mains cable do for me?
A form of mains pollution called Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) is a serious form of distortion in Hi-Fi, Home Cinema and recording equipment...more>
What if I can’t remove my mains lead?
Cut off the mains cable about 3 inches (7.5cm) from where it enters your equipment and wire on a male IEC plug as shown.

What about the remaining few inches of old flex?

And this:

http://www.russandrews.com/product....&customer_id=PAA2301010511342BIYOTZSGYTMHLXOO

Only £336 for a power cord!

Who's madder, the customer for buying it or What Hifi for rating it "WORTH EVERY PENNY." ?? :rolleyes:

Looking at the lead prices, it would seem a metre of the cable retails for £128......

im sure they will make all the difference in my square room with low ceilings... resonance and reflections? no need to panic, ive got a 350 quid mains lead.

its almost rape.

its almost rape.
Stop being so feeble, and admit the truth.

This isn't like someone knocking on a pensioner's door and conning them out of their life savings.

It's another example of where society has it wrong, and shies away from telling stupid tw**s that they are stupid tw**s. Anyone who spends £300+ on a power cord is a stupid tw**, and if he finds himself being relieved of large sums of money by charlatans then he has only himself to blame - he could engage his brain, do a bit of research, and stop being a stupid tw**.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back