Misbehaving Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
We have a Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher which has recently begun to misbehave. On some occasions it works perfectly and completes its cycle, but now more often, it doesn't complete the wash at all.
While it appears to have gone through the cycle, we find that the dishes are as dirty as before and that the detergent tablet has barely dissolved.

How would we check to see if there is a problem with the water supply?

I should mention that the cold water feed also supplies the washing machine which is okay.

Ardmacha

Sponsored Links
Is there a filter in the water hose connection?

This may have limescale in it...I had the same on my washing machine!

Also, can you hear water running through the machine when it is in its cycle?

depending on wether this is more than five years old. if so, then you probably have a sticking "metering tank float switch" which is located behind the left side panel. in normal peration your machine takes three measured amounts of water before proceeding through the cycle. the swith is simply mounted on a float device which quite often will stick intermittently. also after you have feed up the switch you could also clean out any blockages which may be in the sump hose. this also can cause a false water level reading. the sump hse is the approx 1 inch dia black one at base of metering tank.
good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back