Misdiagnosis or Unreasonable Care?

...And my final question comes, I have a £335 bill that is outstanding to the original fitter, I haven't settled it yet, do I contest it?

Sponsored Links
You've got the wrong end of the stick entirely DP. By my comment "I did have a quick look on eBay, that new part is almost half the price on there than it was at City Plumbing" I wasn't suggesting at all that he should have supplied the part from eBay or considered supplying anything other than a genuine original part. My point was that even in trying to sell on the new diverter now I can see that they are only fetching just over half of what I am being charged for it, therefore not much £ can be recouped, that was my point. I know a fitter wouldn't use parts they cannot trust, that is why we agreed to have a new one from City Plumbing. I apprecite what you're saying but that's not the case here.

What I see is poor work practice by the visiting repairer while reading your thread. One needs to look at the boiler to confirm if that is true or not. I for one would take it on the chin if I killed the pcb while doing the repair and hand on heart have done just that and paid for my screwup.

Thing is on advice from the forum here I took the hairdryer to it myself and the PCB is fine now, no clicking, no problems, fires up. Which is kind of why I'm aggreived as I've got someone coming now to fit a new boiler as that is what I was advised I needed by this bloke!

Sponsored Links
You never needed a new diverter valve, you never needed a new PCB, you never needed a new boiler, only you can decide what conversation you are going to have with him

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back