Misgendering will get you fired

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

If you read in to the details.. He does come across as a bit of a religious campaigner, but at the same time he should not be sacked for this.

Sponsored Links
Meanwhile, both sides have introduced another level of turmoil into a young persons life . . . .

I could never work for anyone these days. I'd be fired within days for my un-pc approach and Bernard Manning sense of humour. Also staff seem to be forced to instruct all customers to "have a nice day" wherever you go these days. Used to laugh at this when it was only The Yanks doing it. Several decades later, it's all the rage here. Dislike the falseness of it, as basically a spotty, teenage minimum wage slave on the counter at B&Q couldn't give a flying feck if your day is good, bad or indifferent.

Basically, I'm the only one who would employ me. :rolleyes:

If you read in to the details.. He does come across as a bit of a religious campaigner, but at the same time he should not be sacked for this.
No problem with his beliefs or that he holds them but he is not paid to force them on others, he is paid to represent the standards of the school/education authority. Out he goes. Very different to the NI baker who was entitled as a private business to refuse custom.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Also staff seem to be forced to instruct all customers to "have a nice day" wherever you go these days. Used to laugh at this when it was only The Yanks doing it. Several decades later, it's all the rage here. Dislike the falseness of it, as basically a spotty, teenage minimum wage slave on the counter at B&Q couldn't give a flying feck if your day is good, bad or indifferent. :rolleyes:

Don't forget, they also say "Be Safe"

Andy

For decades now, I have said "stay safe" or "take care".

I also say "no worries" when thanked for something. A lot of people don't know what it means.

I object to being told "Look after yourself", by some spotty, teenage minimum wage untrained and unbrained yoof.

I'd been having a bit of banter with a checkout lad in some shop like B&Q and he came out with that.
I replied quite reasonably, I thought - something like
"Who the F___ do you think you are, SONNY, to tell ME what to do?".
I was a foot taller than him and twice as wide, so he quivered most satisfyingly.:LOL:

A schoolteacher I know is ata Catholic school. She has to refer to them all as "everybody" or "they", just in case.
She also can't teach Darwinian evolution as true. The parents complain.:rolleyes:

There's a muslim school opposite. I have no idea what they teach in there, but neither type of school should be allowed imho. Mix them all up.

She also can't teach Darwinian evolution as true. The parents complain.:rolleyes:
Either she or you made that up.

From the Catholic Education Service...

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 20.11.02.png

Sponsored Links
Back