Missing bleed valve (unable to source new one-not usual size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

I've just moved into a new apartment first built around 4 years ago.

Unfortunetly one of the radiators is missing the nipple/screw from the bleed valve/vent meaning i cannot turn on the hot water or heating without water shooting out of the vent hole.

The vent is not a common standard fit vent - not a 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/8. I even tried the nipple/screw from the 1/8 as it looked like it would have fitted - but it was too big.

I measure the existing bleed valve screw diameter - this is 6mm across. Ive asked a few plumbers as well but no luck sourcing a replacement.

Im attaching pictures of the vent - any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
picture ? try a scrap yard as some nipples are a nuisance to source

Sponsored Links
The pictures are in the OP`s album ;) looks like a 1/8" BSP :confused:

Its around a 16TH its a plumbcentre old centre brand rad made by myson but have tried to buy these bleeds several times and they are just not listed as a spare

If its smaller then it could be drilled out and retapped but you would probably lose the needle valve effect unless you were very careful.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back