missing damp proof membrane

Woody quite right. The tanking is something people do on a house that has damp. Can be hit and miss if it works. 25 YEARS in my mid terrace and 2 damp proof failures. You paid thia builder to do a job to a certain spec. Tell him you want that spec. Please please tell me you not paid all monies upfront.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Maybe a good idea to have a meeting with the builder and BC at the sametime on site. Builder less likely to baffle you with a cheap remedy job.

Point taken Martin. However he wants to screen kitchen over underfloor heating and then turn heating on low to dry out screed before vinyl floor is fitted. Several people have told me this is a no-no. He has badly over-run and I think he just wants out. Good idea about BC + builder

No Let the screen dry naturally or see the screed makers wedsite for drying instructions. If not already paid in full dont hand anymore money over.

OP,
for nothing but i'm curious.
i asked you above in post#8 where exactly your DPM rises, and were the walls built off the specified "strip foundation" or the slab itself?

Point taken Martin. However he wants to screen kitchen over underfloor heating and then turn heating on low to dry out screed before vinyl floor is fitted. Several people have told me this is a no-no. He has badly over-run and I think he just wants out. Good idea about BC + builder

65mm Cementitious screed takes about 80 days to dry. Forced drying with underfloor heating will make it crack, not worth the risk.

Have a look at mapei top cem pronto fully dry in 4 days and has higher thermal conductivity so ideal for underfloor heating.

https://www.mapei.com/gb/en/products-and-solutions/products/detail/topcem-pronto

Sorry for delay

bobasd attached file shows walls oops sorry need to reformat as site rejected it *(.docx)

Notch7 he is getting someone in to lay Belitex which I believe can be walked on after 24hours or so and we can get vinyl laid after 14 to 21 days (much better than 120 days for 75mm of normal screed)

Hi bobasd

see pics
For A looks like half a block on slab then row of blocks, for patio door, on outer skin of blocks with no DPM in front

For B blocks built on outer skin of blocks for window with no DPM in front

Not sure what is under window or patio door (A)

Attachments

• ab slab.jpg
    ab slab.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 132
  • ab patio door.jpg
    ab patio door.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 147
  • ab window.jpg
    ab window.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 140
building control phoned said they don't do queries over the phone and to email them. No answer after 2 days!

Building control have visited. Not happy with height of patio. Initially wanted all patio taking up and dropping but have settled for a solution similar to Martin Hill's of strip to be cut out next to house, drain installed, membrane against wall and fill with decorative stone. They are not too bothered by lack of membrane inside as long as outside is controlled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back