Missing UPVC window parts

30 Oct 2021
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a drafty UPVC window, can anyone say what these black corner parts are called? They are missing at the top and bottom corner of another window I have. Thanks!


  • 646C91BD-BACF-4FC7-849C-D5CA21FEBD75.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 57
  • CC8171E0-DFB0-4F72-94FE-FF1BBF7A0B1E.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
They are actually part of the window hinge, just buy new hinges. Years ago they used to have those large ' upstands ' not so much theses days ( in fact haven't seen them for over 10 years )
Thanks ronniecabers, will buy a cheap standard hinge and see if the part fits. What you say makes sense as I couldn’t for the life of me find the right name of the part…!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links