mission sub woofer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a mission fs2 speaker system i am trying to find out wether this is classed as a passive sub woofer or powered subwoofer as i want to connect the speakers to a a new onkyo nr609.thanks

Sponsored Links
Simple....

1) Does the sub have a mains cable attached to it?
  • Answer = No ....then it's a passive sub
    Answer = Yes ....It's active, but go to question 2

2) Your next question will be "Can I use the sub with an Onkyo 609?"
  • If it has a phono input marked 'LFE' or 'Low' or 'Low Level' or something similar, and there are controls for volume and phase then yes.
    If it has speaker outputs for the five surround speakers then come back to us

The Mission Fs2 speaker system has a powered subwoofer (55w rms amp built in)
The Onkyo has 7 speaker outputs on the back (don't know if it has an audio output capable of amplification)

Hi guys the five speakers are directly wired into terminals in the sub also i found out that the onkyo 609 works with speakers 6-8 ohms the speakers i have are 4 ohms nxt flat ones so i have been told it will not sound good.

Sponsored Links
Impedance varies with frequency so having the "right" impedance doesn't guarantee success. Also the sound quality is in the ear of the beholder. Listen to it. If it sounds OK to YOU then it IS OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back