1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Misted windows

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by kev25v6, 3 Oct 2021.

1. kev25v6

kev25v6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a few double glazing panes that are misting up in this colder weather but it’s not between the panes, it’s on the outside. Is there some way to fix them?it seems strange that only these four have the same pattern to them.
    87AB8923-0368-4691-A80B-AC8CEF697C3D.jpeg

2. RandomGrinch

RandomGrinch

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. ronniecabers

ronniecabers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If its on the outside face then it is , as Random Grinch says , a by product of modern ' energy efficient ' Sealed units, basically the glass unit is staying warm ( keeping the heat in your house as designed ) and the outerpane is now the coldest, so you get Condensation. It will clear as the day progresses and is much more noticeable in Autumn and Spring. My guess would be that some units have been replaced and the installer not knowing exactly what glass was installed has given you ' Low e ' ( Pilkington K or Planitherm ) coated units , probably with Argon Gas too, hence why only these four have done it

• Like Like x 1
  5. kev25v6

kev25v6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think the conservatory is around 10 years old. I’ll have a look for some markings for the different types of glass. At least they should do that and aren’t blown panels, I didn’t want to replace the glass for nothing.

6. Sponsored Links