Misted windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few double glazing panes that are misting up in this colder weather but it’s not between the panes, it’s on the outside. Is there some way to fix them?it seems strange that only these four have the same pattern to them.
87AB8923-0368-4691-A80B-AC8CEF697C3D.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If its on the outside face then it is , as Random Grinch says , a by product of modern ' energy efficient ' Sealed units, basically the glass unit is staying warm ( keeping the heat in your house as designed ) and the outerpane is now the coldest, so you get Condensation. It will clear as the day progresses and is much more noticeable in Autumn and Spring. My guess would be that some units have been replaced and the installer not knowing exactly what glass was installed has given you ' Low e ' ( Pilkington K or Planitherm ) coated units , probably with Argon Gas too, hence why only these four have done it

Sponsored Links
I think the conservatory is around 10 years old. I’ll have a look for some markings for the different types of glass. At least they should do that and aren’t blown panels, I didn’t want to replace the glass for nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back