Mitchell and Webb sketches removed from iplayer

Joined
5 Nov 2007
Messages
16,117
Reaction score
3,440
Country
United Kingdom
11 sketches have been removed that are considered no longer to work today including black face satire which is anti rasist . The beeb are on the horns of a dilemna with this one.


Here’s one that hasn’t been banned, it's about Narzi’s

 
These two are less funny than that Rosie girl. And shes very unfunny.
 
I can’t believe they still have Little Britain on there. I like it!
 
At the time, both the BBC and Britbox noted how "times have changed" since the Little Britain first aired in the early noughties.

Changed indeed, but for the better?
I think not. Folk are too ready to take offence at face value without considering the implications of what they're actually complaining about.

Couldn't get on with Little Britain, though. I never looked at it again after being asked by Lucas and Walliams to laugh at an incontinent old lady in a sketch.
 
Folk are too ready to take offence at face value without considering the implications of what they're actually complaining about.

Couldn't get on with Little Britain, though. I never looked at it again after being asked by Lucas and Walliams to laugh at an incontinent old lady in a sketch.

Have you just taken offence at face value?
 
Them two tẅats and little Britain was just sh¡t TV. Very unfunny or ⌚️ watchable.
 
Have you just taken offence at face value?

I see what you're saying but no. Yes i found it offensive and wonder at the state of mind of anyone who can find such a scene amusing in any degree. Would you stand there, laughing and pointing at an elderly lady in such undignified and distressing circumstances?
 
I see what you're saying but no. Yes i found it offensive and wonder at the state of mind of anyone who can find such a scene amusing in any degree. Would you stand there, laughing and pointing at an elderly lady in such undignified and distressing circumstances?
Totally different. Nobody would laugh at seeing that in reality, but as a funny sketch it is amusing to some without malice.
 
Totally different. Nobody would laugh at seeing that in reality, but as a funny sketch it is amusing to some without malice.
But all that BBC & C4 comedy was just crap.


I did like Ghosts . Best comedy fir a long time.
 
Back
Top