mix for leveling garage base?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help, or direct me to the right direction.

I am in the final stages of building a base for a garage, now just need to put a top screed on top of the concrete that was poured in for the base. the base needs leveled from a range of 5mm to about 15mm at points due to uneven concrete.

Can anyone recommend a mix to use to level it that will be strong enough for a car to go on top of? someone said to me previously a cement, sand and ballast mix, but I don't know at what ratios and if is still the best mix? I don't really want to spend to much but want to do it right of course.

Can any help? Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place, just couldn't see anywhere else.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use a cement:sand mix. At that thickness it won't last 5 minutes on a garage floor.

You need something that can be floated on as self smoothing liquid that will achieve high strength. Rockbond floor levelling compound would do the job.

http://www.rockbond.co.uk/products.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back