Mixed Boiler: PCB repair or replacement?

B

bobconsul

Hello,
I have a mixed central heating/domestic hot water boiler with no holding tank, installed 2003. It's a Chaffoteaux & Maury Centora 2.24 FF.

The LEDs indicated no extraction. So no ignition. After 2 hours, a qualified technician diagnosed a faulty PCB. But when he put it all back together it DID ignite, at least once or twice.

The technician recommends replacing the PCB. But that's It's very expensive. And I'm not convinced the PCB is actually dead.

- Where can I buy a reconditioned or second-hand PCB? (Part number is 61308277). Or do you know of a used boiler parts dealer?
- Where can I get my 'faulty' PCB diagnosed or repaired?

Anywhere in Europe will do.
Many thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
All spare parts are "expensive" if you dont like spending your money!

Its a fact of life that spare parts for cars, boilers, TVs are always "expensive" !

Did you pay this technician?

If he has diagnosed the problem AND been paid then its his responsibility to do it correctly and if he fits a part and he has made a wrong diagnosis then he will refit the old part and you will not have to pay for the new PCB.

My diagnosis is that you just dont like spending your money!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back