CET reconditioned pcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago i had a problem with my boiler, chap diagnosed it as ignition pcb got it replaced no change, so he took it back. Then he said it must be main pcb, it was expensive so i decided to use CET reconditioned parts, big mistake! This is to warn others of doing the same as me!

I sent my main pcb to be fixed, cet ring and say they cant find a fault n ask for ignition pcb to be sent too, so i sent this. they ring again and say no fault. I was left without a boiler for a month. Tehy said that there was nothing wrong with the boards and charged me £70 for looking at them plus i had to pay postage.

My plumber said from the strat that he didnt think it was possible to recondition them, but i tried. So he assumed like i did CET new what they was on with n he tried a few other things.........

To cut a long story a little shorter, my plumber insisted it was the main pcb and managed to persuade his dealer to borrow one to try, cos i didnt want to fork out, as i had trusted what cet had said. Yep you guessed it thenew one worked and has worked fine since.

Phoned Cet they said they would give me a £20 refund still not got it.
So i would just think twice and go for new! CET really made me mad!
Which is why i have written this. I would not reccomend them to anybody!
Even though cet said they have never had any other problems! Hope i save you some money, time and stress!

Sponsored Links
A few weeks ago i had a problem with my boiler, chap diagnosed it as ignition pcb got it replaced no change, so he took it back. Then he said it must be main pcb, it was expensive so i decided to use CET reconditioned parts, big mistake! This is to warn others of doing the same as me!

I sent my main pcb to be fixed, cet ring and say they cant find a fault n ask for ignition pcb to be sent too, so i sent this. they ring again and say no fault. I was left without a boiler for a month. Tehy said that there was nothing wrong with the boards and charged me £70 for looking at them plus i had to pay postage.

My plumber said from the strat that he didnt think it was possible to recondition them, but i tried. So he assumed like i did CET new what they was on with n he tried a few other things.........

To cut a long story a little shorter, my plumber insisted it was the main pcb and managed to persuade his dealer to borrow one to try, cos i didnt want to fork out, as i had trusted what cet had said. Yep you guessed it thenew one worked and has worked fine since.

Even though cet said they have never had any other problems! Hope i save you some money, time and stress!

Never...i don't believe it....Maybe Raden will reappearand explain.

You must have got it wrong because when Mr CET posts on here he insists that he is ALWAYS right and all corgis are clueless tossers.

Sponsored Links
This from the OP's first post on this back in May. Looks like Gasguru is right about the poor connection.
It all started 2 months ago when the ch and dhw started working intermittently on my alpha 240x boiler, ..........................Then as the plumber was fastening the panel back onto the bottom unit, where the pcbs are, the boiler kicks in and works. Was this a coincidence?
Could it be a poor connection?

Next time boiler didn't work i left the power on and fiddled with the wires eventually getting it to kick in again.

did the OP really do with out heating for that long??

isnt it funny how punters ALWAYS believe the cheapest advice ;)

So, who are you , and why didn't you ring me to say that you hadn't received a refund ?

If this is who I think it is, I originally told him that I couldn’t ix his board because I didn’t have a test set for it at the time. He then went on as to what could he do, it would be expensive to buy a new board, etc and so I told him that I would look at it on a “best endeavour” basis but couldn’t properly test it for him.

We spent half a day on this pcb checking it out (which cost me half a days graduate electronics engineer wages plus the overheads) and told him that, as he says, we couldn’t find a fault with it, NOT that it was working OK.

I charged him £40, on that basis, a price which he agreed to, on the understanding that I could not guarantee that it worked

The next week he came back to me stating that he wanted some money back because it didn’t work. I pointed out what it had cost us and that we had agreed a price, but being soft, I agreed to repay £20

As far as I know I repaid it, I can’t be sure it’s months ago now, if I didn’t then, he should have phoned and asked why. Now, however, due to his childish approach – he can take a running jump, we put ourselves out significantly for him, he’s an ikngrate who, as they say knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

whos to say it wans't the thermister??

Hence my comment about Geoffs knowledge. He advised a change of thermister on an appliance I was working on and it rectified the fault.

(Waiting for more abuse as I should have found the fault myself)

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back