Mixed opinions regarding combis/large houses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Planning on having a new boiler fitted, it'll be an oil fired W/B Heatslave 25/32, will this be sufficient for a 4 double bed house with 2 bathrooms (one with shower bath, one shower shower cubicle)?

Searching around gives mixed opinions, some yes, some no.

Also, my existing radiator pipework is all 10mm. I want to replace rads with ones that have 15mm inlets, will the 10mm pipes all need replacing? Or will the plumber just fit 10mm to 15mm increasers?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Also, my existing radiator pipework is all 10mm. I want to replace rads with ones that have 15mm inlets, will the 10mm pipes all need replacing? Or will the plumber just fit 10mm to 15mm increasers?
The latter ...Defo.

Sponsored Links
Glad to hear it. On a tight budget!

What's your personal opinion on the boiler situation?
Like most things it is multi factorial...These days people want 2 showers running at once.If that is your aim...Very doubtful you will achieve it,,even with great water pressure..

Like most things it is multi factorial...These days people want 2 showers running at once.If that is your aim...Very doubtful you will achieve it,,even with great water pressure..

That is the aim. But not end of world if we can't.

One piece of advice I would give is to fit 1 electric shower as the boiler is bound to turn it's toes up every so on so at least people can keep clean.Bob

One piece of advice I would give is to fit 1 electric shower as the boiler is bound to turn it's toes up every so on so at least people can keep clean.Bob

Already done, the ensuite room has an electric shower, thanks.

Greenstar Cdi Boilers like your should easily last 20 years.

Thanks. Not sure how old it is, just know when it was last serviced. Our main reason for switching though is moving from lpg to oil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back