Mixed UFH/CH (rads) system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This looks like the place to get answers to a nutty UFH/CH control problem

I have a partial UFH system, currently being upgraded to cover all but one rad in a bathroom (positioned as for a heat sink but on 15mm pipe pumped circuit).

Wondering what to do about the control for this last rad. I have the CH room stat that covered several rads in an S-plan system but I can't transfer the CH room stat to bathroom (electrical regs) and I'm thinking why can't I just fix a low limit pipe stat to the return pipe for this one remaining rad (o/s bathroom) and connect up as for room stat?

Other info: Boiler is a Sandyford Cooker/Boiler (like a Rayburn). Still using the original pump from the S plan CH/HW. UFH manifolds have separate pumps after the original pump. [/list]

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you want to achieve but if it is isolation of the rad electrically then you can fit a lol voltage room stat in the bathroom and have that energising a linear valve on the flow to it out of the bathrrom.

Many thanks Gents. Yeah that's another (poss better) option. Connecting back into HW circuit as heat sink also suggested but can't face yet more copper rearrangement and putting solar in later which would complicate.
FYI mainly wanting to control zone valve and primary pump

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back