mixer basin tap with only 1 feed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Have a new wall hung basin in a part of our house that it was a MAJOR problem to get a hot and cold feed to it...and so we have just tapped into a cold feed..never gets used so it wil be fine.
Anyway....

After a nice tap for the basin and was wondering if its ok to use the monoblock mixer types but with only a cold feed? Or is there another type of type i should use?

Needs to be a decent looking tap unfortunatly...picky missus :) If it was me id have an old school turn type..

Sponsored Links
I suppose you could, but you'd need to cap off the hot side as most taps mix inside the tap body and you'd end up with a flood every time you turned the tap on. Why not just buy a cold tap?

Or connect the hot feed for the tap to the cold supply as well. That way, whichever side the lever is pointing to will give you water.

Or connect the hot feed for the tap to the cold supply as well. That way, whichever side the lever is pointing to will give you water.

What he said, much better suggestion, should really have thought of that!

Sponsored Links
Haha great answers guys...lol trust me its cheaper for me to change the tap type than to change the missus :D

Sorry to be really thick but how do i connect it to the cold feed ASWELL?

There is only one supply to the sink and that is a COLD one?

Im probably missing something simple :rolleyes:

Or tee even!

Copper-Tee-Joint-JY-D-.jpg

okaaayy...

so if nobody has seen them before..plus the tap connectors would be on flexi rather than copper...

maybe its a silly job?

Can you get single cold taps that are all pretty and fancy for her? :rolleyes:

or any other ideas?

The latest G3 regulations require that there is hot and cold water to a wash basin associated with a toilet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back