Mixer Shower or Electric - Confused plz help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just had a Worcester Greenstar Jr 28i combi boiler installed. I am renovating my bathroom and am v.confused as to what type of shower is going to give me the best pressure. Having filled up my litre jug at shower temp my current water pressure from the bath with a shower attachment gives me 8.5 litres per minute, am I going to get a good pressure from a mixer shower ( i like the aqualisa aquarian) or would i get a better pressure from an electric shower ( i would need to upgrade to 10mm cable though)??? Please help as I need to buy the shower tomorrow and have it done this week ( before my baby comes out )...
thanx and hope you can help

Sponsored Links
if you have a combi boiler, you need a mixer shower. It will give far more hot water than an electric one. Presumably you have no water tank so the cold water comes at mains pressure and there wil be no imbalance.

The only reason you might want an electric shower (which will need a new electrical circuit) is to give you hot water when your combi breaks down (as they all do)

I am not a pro but I have an Aqualisa, and they seem like a good brand. Quite expensive. Plumbworld were selling off some discontinued models at huge reductions, I don't know if they still have any. I like exposed (surface mounted) showers, not the ones plastered into the wall, as they can be so easily serviced or replaced.

Definately a mixer shower since you will have the better pressure and water flow rate from the combi boiler.

combi going nothing todo with a better pressure you'll only get what pressure your mains supply will give.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back