Mixer tap spraying - part fell out - what is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have mixer taps and the hot water, but not the cold water, was spraying when it came out. I took off the tap head to clean the filter and this piece fell out of the tap. Looking into the tap, there is a plastic tube, but there is no place to screw it back into. The tap is better, but not flowing perfectly. What is the piece and is it necessary? I have also tried the hand over the tap method, turning both taps on to remove an airlock, in case it was that. It's not spraying as much, but the flow is not consistent, so wondering how vital this piece is? Any ideas?

Attachments

• processed-b718b02b-623d-4ace-a629-e555c7e6ca5d_E2qch3tH.jpeg
    processed-b718b02b-623d-4ace-a629-e555c7e6ca5d_E2qch3tH.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Hi, apologies, I had uploaded a picture of the part below the text, but maybe it didn't show up for some reason. I've attached a picture of the tap, and the part that came out of it here. Just wondering if it is a vital part? The spraying is not as bad, but the water flow could be better. Thank you!

processed-b718b02b-623d-4ace-a629-e555c7e6ca5d_E2qch3tH.jpeg
Screenshot_20220814-131337_WhatsApp.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-131337_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-131337_WhatsApp.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
there is no scale to show the size of the part that fell out, but I think it has to be part of the aerator assembly. it looks to me like it might once have been soldered in place. there was probably also a plastic part that is lost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back