Mixer tap

4 Dec 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom

My bathroom sink has seperate taps for hot & cold. Is there a mixer tap I can buy that will fit my sink as all the ones I have seen need a sink with 1 'hole' for the tap? I hope that makes sense!
Sponsored Links
If you mean you have a basin like this


Then No! :rolleyes:
you can get mixer taps small enough to fit through a single ordinary tap hole. You will have to do something with the other hole, perhaps put a plug in it or use it to store your toothbrush.

The small bathroom mixers usually have pipes the size of pencils, and deliver water very slowly, so you will need a newspaper to read while the basin fills up.

Why do you want to do it?
If you mean you have a basin like this


Then No! :rolleyes:

Yes, mine is like that but the taps are on a straight bit and not on a curved bit.

JohnD, I want to do is as one of the taps is faulty and a mixer tap will be better so that I can have warm water coming out of the tap instead of boiling hot out of one and freezing old out the other :)

Will something like this not work as it doesn't say it's for a kitchen sink
Sponsored Links
put the plug in

you will notice that sink mixer has the fixings a set distance apart. unless your basin has holes at the same dustance the tap will not fit.

however a new basin can be surprisingly inexpensive
it dosen't need to say you can see by looking at it. and the hole centres will not match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local