Mixer Taps

S

Shutpa

Friend has a mixer tap and the actual water spout (?) is very slack. It would appear that that this spout is removeable and I am wondering can it be replaced. Is there any site that shows the actual internal construction of mixer taps?

Sponsored Links
what mixer is it ? have you a pic ?
has it a grub screw on the rear of the spout ? that maybe loose

some have a grub screw at the back to hold the spout others have a groove which needs to be lined up while pulling the spout up to remove, usually have to put the spout further back than you usually would to use the tap, you will prob find the o ring is worn causing the leak, wrapping with PTFE tape will be a temp repair until you get an o ring

Thanks for your replies guys and sorry about the delay in answering. At the bottom of the spout there is a ring which appears to have a thread. This can be tightened so much and then it slips and the spout is slack again. If it is a thread, then I would guess that part of it is damaged, though whether that damage is on the female ring or on the male base I am not sure. Are replacement spouts available for most mixers? Think I can get a photo if this would help..

Sponsored Links
Are replacement spouts available for most mixers?

If you know who manufacturers them you can ask but they are more interested in selling whole taps so don't hold your breath.

Think you will be better replacing rather than the hassle of repairing it. :(

Thanks Bahco. Since its a friends, I will pass on your advice. Sorry for the late reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back