mixing multi finish plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me how much water i should use to mix a 25kg bag of thistle multi finish?

all help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
What's the size of the wall? Never mix more than you can manage to lay on the wall in 20mins. 25KG is too much. Start with a bucket of water and add/mix until you get a creamy consistency.

thanks

i did mix a whole bag before and got it on wall ok but now i cant remember how much water i used.

You use 1.5 litres of water to 2.5 kg of multi-finish plaster. This on average will cover 1 square meter. For those who don't agree ask British gypsum. after all they make the stuff. :eek:

Sponsored Links
This topic is 18 months old, do you think joe23 really cares now :rolleyes: Please look at the dates before posting! ;)

All Joe23 had to do was look at the back of the bag. :rolleyes:

just doing some googling myself and found this to be useful, now just the task of putting it into practice...

http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/DS-110-01 Thistle MultiFinish.pdf[/url]

This topic is now 20 months old & I don’t suppose joe23 cares any more now than he did 2 months ago. As I said then, please look at the dates before posting :rolleyes: & your link doesn't seem to work either ;)

It's another two years older now and British Gypsum has probably been taken over by a foreign company, plus the original posters house is now a playing field.
Mick.

Isn’t it amazing how time flies.

Wouldn't the plaster have gone off by now?
He will need a new bag.

ha ha ha ha right here go's
half a builders bucket will mix half a bag of finish there abouts just keep adding the muilti till its how you like it
some like it thicker some people like it runnyer
so tere you go a numtys guide to mixing plaster
not dont go fcking it up please its taken years and years for numtys to perfect it :p

i would love it if joe23 came back on here now and said thanks and hes waited 3years for someone to reply the answer to him, just sitting in front of the computer screen haha, with a long grey beard

Well that's wafted a breath of fresh air through this post :LOL: .. while everyone's refreshed after a long interval and now aware of new products on the market since clay and wattle, has anyone experience of a French product called Lutece 2000L .. the L meaning a longer workable product that's supposed to be the bee's knee's as a one coat plaster especially in older buildings were a board finish would not be appropriate.

Cheers Mick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back