Fixing plasterboard to bricks ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just built a conservatory on the back of the house and need to fix just one 1200 x 900mm plasterboard to a engineering brick wall that is covered in bitumen.
I do not have enough space to batten the wall, so need to dot and dab.
I have never done this before and would like to know if I can use plaster to fix it.
I do not want to buy a 25kg bag of adhesive if I can use plaster.
Can anyone tell me if I can use an old bag of multi finish plaster that I have, or I also have a new bag of Thistle Bonding that I could use.
Also could I just use the bonding on the engineering bricks - if so do I need to clean off the bitumen?
Cheers,
Gary.

Sponsored Links
Drywall adhesive is only about 6 quid a bag, plaster wont work it will come off, if your not sure how to do it look on youtube its dead easy.

Use drywall adhesive but you will have to criss cross the bitumen wall with an angle grinder to get a "key" for the adhesive, I would not trust the bitumen to give a good key!!! Also lots of dots of adhesive on your board...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back