Mixing Sentinel X100 and Fernox F1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a one bottle of Sentinel X100 and one Fernox F1 (both superconcentrates). Question: Do i only need one or can i put both in (mix them) in my system via a rad? IF i only need one, which one is better?

Sponsored Links
How many you need depends on the size of your system.

How many radiators do you have?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Got a question on adding the inhibitor via a towel rad in the bathroom.

Each time i put some inhibitor through the top it keeps coming out. Ive closed both iso valve on the rad and im putting the inhibitor through the top screw. What am i going wrong / not doing?

Each time i put some inhibitor through the top it keeps coming out. Ive closed both iso valve on the rad and im putting the inhibitor through the top screw. What am i going wrong / not doing?

FFS

DO NOT mix them .
Why is that Mick?

bad things can happen. Some you mix and nothing happens, but certain combinations produce some odd results. One such case was I think fernox MB1 and possibly sentinel or salamander perhaps, long time ago anyway , but what happened was some odd jelly like stuff was produced in the header tank and blocked up the cold feed and stuffed the pump. I've heard similar cases which is why you should never mix if possible, and why manufacturers advise the same as a disclaimer.

Never knew this, so I'll have to keep an eye on when adding to unknown situation. I must say that I trust fellow engineers' experience more than manufacturers' "advice" in this case.

... and why manufacturers advise the same as a disclaimer.

I may be able to think of a non-technical reason why they would say that.
;)

FFS
FFS?
He may be a boiler "expert", but his reply reminds me of one definition of an "expert": X is the unknown quantity; a "spurt" is a drip under pressure ;)

So let's see if we can be more helpful. :)

If you want to put the inhibitor into the system via the radiator, the water in the rad must have somewhere to go to - otherwise there will be no space for the inhibitor. By closing both rad valves you have blocked off all routes out of the rad - apart from the one you are using to insert the inhibitor - so the inhibitor cannot enter the rad. Result: a puddle of inhibitor on the floor.

How to do it will be explained in the inhibitor instructions. Did you bother to read them??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back