Mixing types of block in inner wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current extension is being built with 3.5N themalites inner skin and 3.5N fibolites outer skin.

I also have an internal wall that's within the thermal envelope on bother sides.

Due to a c*ck up in the quantity surveying, I'm 70 thermalites short and 70 fibolites long. Am I okay to mix the blocks on the inside wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I’d say so, if it doesn’t compromise the overall u value (to an extent that bco will notice). Theoretcially you’re not meant to for expansion rate purposes, but given the number of walls out there with random mixes of different brick/block, you’re fine.

I’d say so, if it doesn’t compromise the overall u value (to an extent that bco will notice). Theoretcially you’re not meant to for expansion rate purposes, but given the number of walls out there with random mixes of different brick/block, you’re fine.

Cheers. It's an internal wall so u values don't really matter, so I was wondering more about the expansion side of things. How different can it be to the diffeeing expansion rate of the mortar between the blocks anyway?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, go ahead.
It's internal and it will be plastered.
Nobody will ever know and it makes no difference really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back