MK logic 1-gang 20A DP control switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is related to a previous post in Nov re new immersion heater controls. I had to rush away before I'd finished the job and only got back last night. Sorry about the delay.

I now have installed two of the MK switches one each for day and night connections. Only trouble is that I can't get any hot water on either. My testing screwdriver shows that live current is available to both immersion heaters but the neon light on the switches remains dimmed. I can't find an on off control on the heater thermostat, if there is supposed to be one.

crawling about on the floor isn't my cup of tea as I'm 82 years old and arthritic. It could be that I'm missing something under my nose, Anyone any Ideas?

The new cylinder is a Gledhill, by the way.

Sponsored Links
My testing screwdriver shows that live current is available to both immersion heaters but the neon light on the switches remains dimmed.
Those screwdrivers are next to useless for actual testing, but are really good at giving totally misleading results.
For testing which actually provides useful results, get a multimeter or 2 pole tester.

As for the problem, one likely option is a neutral problem, such as the neutral is not connected properly or at all. However it could be other things.

The new cylinder is a Gledhill,
How unfortunate.

Ok, I'll get a 2 pole tester. Can you recommend a make or model which is easy to use and understand? I see that some reasonable priced ones are called voltage testers. Is that all they do and would they be suitable for what I want?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back