Mk1 Audi TT, woman's car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just sold a 2005 Golf GTI to free up some cash for working on the house.

Sold it for £3000 to my daughters boyfriend and thought to spend about £1000 on a run around.

I looked at Golfs but didn't like anything for that price then found a few TT's.

Told my missus I fancied one and she said they are only for girls (and archatectural technicians)

What do you think of a TT as a cheap run around?

Sponsored Links
Typical Audi build quality so there shouldn't be any corrosion.....so long as it hasn't been to the moon and back and has a 12 month MOT it could be a good buy.
Not my sort of car.....no room in the back and I always crack my head getting out :eek:
John :)

What do you want the car for ? Usefulness or posing? I can't see an Audi TT for £1000 being much good.

Sponsored Links
Just so I have a car. I only did 3000miles in 2 years in the Golf so I dont really need one but they are handy for taxi'ing the kids.

They look to have a decent sized boot.

If you only want to spend £1k or so , I'd buy something unfashionable so it will be newer and hopefully have more life left in it. If you want VW mechanicals look at Skodas or Seats.

I'd be wary of the seller not letting you have a test drive, "because others have thrashed my cars in the past". They may be "driving around" some glaring faults, to hide them from any potential buyers.
That said, I find only £500 for a German motah still surprises me.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:
SLK Mercedes, might be worth considering .............
~Old Thread I know

Get yourself one of these too:

full

Yes, the driver may well have been killed and their body mangled. A sad job for the people in your photo.

I've just sold a 2005 Golf GTI to free up some cash for working on the house.

What do you think of a TT as a cheap run around?
I think a 2001ish Volvo S60 or v70 t5 would be a better tool: can carry building materials (roof rack too), tow a trailer, still picks its skirts up like your GTi did, and is supremely comfortable for tall people, poor economy but who cares when you drive 1500 miles a year. The road tax probably costs more

Early TT were riddled with problems especially on the electrical front, will cost an arm and a leg to fix.
(Used to work for Audi's ad agencies)

Sponsored Links
Back