Mobile air conditioning unit in the loft.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Sorry in advance if this in not in the right place.
I've got a mobile AC Unit which is needed in the boys room during the couple of hot weeks we have per year (they really do suffer). The problems are it's noisy, we have to have the window open for the vent (which defeats to object of air con really) and it's a pain in the butt to move it around to the other bedroom if needed.

What I would like to do is heave it up into the loft, stick the vent out under the roof (if this is even neccesary) and channel the cold air through both ceilings via vents.

I thought I could do this by boxing the unit up and putting trunking just from the box wall to the ceiling vents and let the cold air just "fall" down through the hot. I'm hoping the control panel can just be rewired to a more accessible position on the landing.

Does any of that sound viable?

Also, I've been using it for a few years, does it need any maintenence? Legionares desease and all that?

Sponsored Links
Sounds feasible but a lot of work, but you really need to contact the manufacturers/suppliers to confirm that your proposition is realistic, they may even sell the kit as accessories.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back