Mobile Contract Telesales Calls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regretting ever using O2!

It was many years ago, but ever since buying an O2 SIM, I have had nuisance calls from companies on that number trying to get me to upgrade.

It only happens to me and Mrs S. She has an O2 number that has been ported to many different companies as has a spare SIM that I have in my dual SIM phone. Doesn't matter who our numbers have been ported to over the years, we have always had regular calls regarding upgrades. They always try to sell an upgrade, giving me a special offer because I'm with O2. I've even had stand-up arguments with them:

You're with O2.

No, I'm not.

Yes, you have an O2 number.

I'm not with O2!

Yes you are!

Listen, I think I know whether I'm with O2 or not....

The spare number I have has not been in regular use for at least a decade, so I know when calls come in, it's going to be a sales call.

If I suspect it's an unwanted call, I pick up the phone and say nothing.

A genuine caller will always say something if you don't. But there is silence then anything up to a minute later, the call gets canned.

Often, these numbers are withheld, but over the last few days, I've had several calls a day from 07523 765017. It's an O2 number, that's about all I know. It doesn't seem to appear on any "Who called me?" lists.

I've blocked that number now, but no doubt there's an office full of people (probably many office-fulls) who will try me on a different number.

TPS sadly doesn't work.

My lads are on Three and Voxi, my main SIM is with Smarty and these numbers have never suffered like our ex-O2 numbers have.

Sponsored Links
Back