O2 - Contract upgrade... Nonsense

Sponsored Links
WAY BEYOND....

Mobile providers should exercise some give and take, especially when they are aware how easy it is to port your number to a new provider who will offer a tempting deal.

I think mobile providers count on loyalty to screw the customers even further. If we as consumers were shopping round every year, 18 month, 24 month for better deals, these phone companies would probably start coming up with genuine offers and reasonable call rates. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I think mobile providers count on loyalty to screw the customers even further. If we as consumers were shopping round every year, 18 month, 24 month for better deals, these phone companies would probably start coming up with genuine offers and reasonable call rates. ;) ;)

to be fair, they are a hell of a lot cheaper than a few years ago!

The OP original point is doesn't wash. He signed a contract and, yes, the phone is linked. If they agreed a new contract 2 months early, and the same again next time around, they would be 4 months short, and so on. I've only ever had one number - with Orange, since about 1994 and they DO allow early upgrades at no cost, but the remaining time as added to the next contract, so the charge will turn up when the punter finally decides to ditch orange (if they do it several times and want to exit "early")

The phone companies make a fair old profit from folk who maintain an air time and phone deal.... If you want to upgrade any time you like go for a 12 month SIM only contract and buy your own phone. That way if you want an upgrade, then simply buy yourself a new phone.. Simples

Back