carphone warehouse contract

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I first subscribed to O2 through carphone warehouse's website, I was under the impression that it was pure O2 and beyond the initial transaction on the internet, I would deal solely with O2. Turns out I actually signed up for some Carphone warehouse derivaterive of O2, which was not explained at the time. I had used O2 before and had been happy with the service, so I thought i'd use them again.

For the next month I had people phoning me from various companies offering me phone insurance. They used various tactics, one said that if i signed up to them, the insurance I currently had would be void and money would be refunded by the other company. Do they think im stupid? I mean, do i need TWO insurance policies on the same phone???

So I wrote a letter to CPW asking to be removed from all calling lists my number had obviously been placed on. They send a letter back by signed delivery saying this would occur within a few weeks. Great.

My contract ends in 2 months. I have recently been receiving more phone calls (EVEN THOUGH MY NUMBER ISN'T ON ANY CALLING LISTS ACCORDING TO CPW) from companies offering me great new packages on free mobile phones, half price line rental etc. YESTERDAY I pulled over to answer the phone, some guy calling from a mobile, thought it might be a mate. It was some cockney git trying to flog me a new contract. There was a lot of background noise and his language was appalling, so i wasn't going to give him any details. "You is on 3, innit?" "No, i'm on o2 and im not interested, get the facts right" "but 3 have some wicked deals" :eek: arrogant bstd.

Rest assured when my contract ends, i'm going to the O2 SHOP/online and signing up with PURE O2 again. Never again will I go with CPW. More hassle than its worth.

Rant over.

Sponsored Links
I was getting similar phone calls not long back on a daily basis.
I was told by a family member to register my mobile number with TPS (Telephone Preference Service) along with my land line and I haven't had any dodgy call calls since (Touch-wood)

Apparently all of these companies have a list of number not to call from TPS every month. Might be worth a try?

Click here: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

:)

Sponsored Links
Back