Mobile Phone compatability

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I'm with Vodafone, I'm on an obsolete monthly-pay package, doesn't cost much but I get more than enough free minutes.

Obviously they'd like to convert me to a costlier tariff, and as I won't, they won't gve me another free phone, and will charge me quite a lot for a good one.

I see them cheaper on PAYG tariffs in the supermarket, but if I buy one of these, can I poke my current SIM card in it and will it still work with my old number and contract?

Sponsored Links
so long as the payg pphone is on vodaphone i dont see why not.

we swap our sim cards round for a laugh, and the swapped phone then becomes the other phone (if you see what i mean)

Sponsored Links
As far as I know it is. Vodafone or whatever network will supply the unlocking code as well, but for around £20- £30 I believe :eek:

gas4you said:
As far as I know it is. Vodafone or whatever network will supply the unlocking code as well, but for around £20- £30 I believe :eek:

If your phone is "out of contract" ie your 12/18 months is up, I believe they have to supply you with the code free of charge as the phone is deemed to be wholly yours...

There will be a local shop some where that sells phones and accessories who will normally unlock phone !! A couple of Indian guys down here charge £4.00!!
Bargain price chargers and bluetooth etc.

Sponsored Links
Back