Mobile -V- Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dropped a Samsung Europa mobile on my mop bucket, tried drying it out on the radiator but it's not working. Is there any point in taking it to the phone shop... :oops:

Sponsored Links
You could dry it out completely then take it in if under warranty, you never know, I know someone who got a new camcorder that way!

they are fitted with what is best described as moisture fuses even body sweat can cause them to fail.

Wotan

on my blackberry, I left if on the roof of the car beofre proceeding to squirt water all oever it......

It worked okay for a day then died.

when I took it to the shop (dried out) to try getting a warranty jobby on it, he took out the battery and on the side was a small red stick lable abot 2mmx5mm which was red.

He pointed out that they are usually white until they get wet. and gave me the finger on the warranty.

But if you have an barclays additions plus account. or other banks may do the same, then your phone could be insured with them as mine luckily was. but i didnt know until a bloke in the bank pointed it out to me.

Rob

Sponsored Links
I may be a bit late with this info but basically cover your phone with dry rice and that should soak up the moisture. Just make sure you take the phone fully apart first and stick everything in there.

Putting it on the radiator would have been a bad idea btw. The direct heat may have caused components to break from the rapid expansion caused by the heat :(

Back