mobile washing machine...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a washing machine in good working order. It is standing on a concrete floor, which is covered with ceramic floor tiles, all in good order, with not a trace of movement :)
The washing machine has a tendency to walk during the spin cycle, the amount of walking depending on the individual load at the time, which is only natural.
Any advice about how I can stop it walking at all?
Should mention that the floor is slightly uneven, so that the four feet have been adjusted so it is level.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mine did that until I fixed two battens front to back just inside the wheels/pads. They keep it on the straight and narrow.

If it's walking then it's not in good working order either the dampers have failed [like car shocks only much smaller] or the concrete block used to weight it may be loose of broken.Or it's being overloaded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back