MOD 2 locks another post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might not strictly be diy, but it was no less so than a hell of a lot of other posts which don't get locked.

At least be consistent, or is random foot stamping at regular intervals counted as consistent. You might as well lock 50% of posts in Tools and Materials since loads are non-diys asking for info about tools. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, you could have sent it to general discussion, or does it have to be total trivia to survive there?

Sponsored Links
Actually I cringed when I read the OP comments.

I wouldn't want him let loose on my boiler that for certain.

Perhaps he took the new 2hr Oftec intensive training course :LOL:

MOD 2

is this diy ?????

I'll agree it isn't but with nowhere else on here to post such a question what else could the OPer do? By posting it here he has the attention of those most likely to help him.
Its not a gas question so referring him to ARGI is inappropriate. I dont know of an ORGI equivalent, so short of creating a directory for 'trade banter ' where else could such questions be answered?

There is actually an appropriate forum and that is the Oil Forun at Gas-News.

If there was any reason for locking the post then it was that anyone so inexperienced should not be seen by the public for fear of bringing the profession into disrepute.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
If there was any reason for locking the post then it was that anyone so inexperienced should not be seen by the public for fear of bringing the profession into disrepute.

Tony

Why worry about that? the gas people do it all the time :rolleyes:

oilman said:
This might not strictly be diy

it was nowhere near DIY

oilman said:
At least be consistent,

i try to cut some slack (not always popular)IE this see rule 22

doitall said:
Actually I cringed when I read the OP comments.

ditto

agile said:
There is actually an appropriate forum and that is the Oil Forun at Gas-News.

agreed this is the sort of thing that should be asked there

slugbaby said:
I'll agree it isn't but with nowhere else on here to post such a question what else could the OPer do? By posting it here he has the attention of those most likely to help him.

e mail admin by all means slugbaby and ask the question re a trade forum

this is a forum to help the public NOT the trade they should know and if they don't there are many other forums on which to ask

if oilman want's everything seen as a trade question removed it can be done and it won't be me stamping my feet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back