Modernisation information

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just puchased an un modernised 4 bed room two recep room 1 bath flat and want to add an additional bathroom and central heatind to finish up with two bath/shower and central heating to heat 1600 sq ft flat with very long run. I would also want to become independant of the header tank for the block which currently services the toilettes. We have both gas and electricity available.

What type of central heating system would be best to run this type of environment where 4 people will be sharing i.e in the winter we could have full central heating and two showers all gouing at once.

Sponsored Links
Well the system which supplies votre toilettes wouldn't be anything to do with the heating, but you would have the choice of using it, or the mains supply, for your hot water. If you want to use the mains you need your own dedicated, good sized supply from the road - and have reasonable pressure. Whether those exist or not would depend on the history or the flat and the local suppy pressure.
If all is well, use a "system" boiler , which requires no header tank, and a quick-reheating mains pressure, unvented hot water system. There are some compact combined units which are well suited to flats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back