modertor 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Modertor 4

This title was in a recent post that had been locked, (I think thats the right term,) is it some new position that has been created to keep the riff raff at bay?

Sponsored Links
i dont know, but he/she writes a lot more than lynda ever did! :eek:

and it would be nice to see the mods sign in on their own names and make their own posts. sometimes it is hard to see when people are pretending to be mods by typing in bold letters.

MODERATOR 4

please behave or i will knock your block off

see how easy this is done?

The Real Moderator 4

Yes i agree it would be nice to be able to do that, but at the moment i dont believe we can. Admin is aware of it and looking into it (dont ever think you can impersonate me and get away with it! :D )
Sometimes the action taken needs a full explanation (or sometimes 3 or four to get the message across) :LOL:

yea.i think the mod should have a signature of pamela anderson..a dancing avatar....and then we know it's the real one.. :LOL: :D

other websites - the moderators lurk amongst the "normal" posters and have usernames with increased privileges set by admin. They are normally just normal posters who are allowed to tell other posters off.

i also think the other 2 moderators should make themselves known. If lynda is mod 1, and we have a mod 4, there should be 2 others surely? unless admin cant count . . . lets not go there eh.

ASL mod4? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
vokera80e said:
yea.i think the mod should have a signature of pamela anderson..a dancing avatar....and then we know it's the real one.. :LOL: :D

out of interest, anyone can insert a picture in their signature . . . i did it once, a photoshopped 4-way extn, made to look like a 60-way extn, but it was way too big for a signature :rolleyes: so i removed it immediately, before anyone saw it :LOL:

perhaps i shouldnt be giving people ideas, mods? :cool:

Lynda said:
you may want to read the forum rules, 7 is a good place to start
I've read them.

Can't see the one which says that requests for assistance with academic research projects are not allowed.

moderator said:
7) Signatures / posts must not contain pictures, a url / email, phone number .etc

(This is considered to be advertising)

you can show your email address / website in your profile
ok, so if i post a picture of my car in the signature space, is that advertising? or a picture of some grass . . . a gallileo thermometer? a slogan done in fancy word art?

yes, i understand the rule re. pictures, but the reason is stupid (obviously the real reason is to keep the forum looking tidy and smart - if i had kept that signature of the 60 way extension lead, the forum would be a right old state).

perhaps you ought to seperate it into 7)no emails and 7a)no pictures in sigs

Sponsored Links
Back