Modifications and insurance

Sponsored Links
Despite the red sea blockade, the china rocker cover arrived a couple of days over a month. It came in a thin cardboard box that was all torn up. Miraculously, nothing was damaged or fallen out. Shopping from china was truly lolz. My £50 gamble may have paid off. There were some differences to OEM on the detail level, but looked serviceable. No marking on it apart from PA66 GF40 - nylon 66 with 40% glass fiber. This seemed to be the right kind of material for it. It came with gasket as well. So, f* the dealer and I am using the china gasket. Practically no china products (not same as the made in china carp available locally) failed for me so far, and I am hopeful it will last forever.

With the nice weather today, I got the new cover done. No issues with the china cover apart from the holes for the ignition coils being extremely tight fit.

While I was at it, I inspected the engine to see how the 10 year oil service was doing. It was doing great and clean as a whistle.
clean-engine.png

I forgot I scratched the hell out of the aluminium when I originally opened up the engine. To compensate, I gave the front area extra RTV to fill any scratches.
new-engine-cover-1.png

The tabs that sandwiched the gasket in the half moon area were a bit short compared to OEM. Also, the original engine design just looked bad in that area, so I felt the RTV was needed. Hopefully, this fixes the leak once and for all. The new cover definitely produced a smaller gap to the engine, which would have fixed the leak anyway.
new-engine-cover-2.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back