Modify floor level outside shed/summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and coping well through these difficult times.

I need some help with a project I’m think of taking on in the future and wanted some structural advice.

At the far end of our garden, we have a brick-built summer house and wanted to know if it is possible to increase the internal floor to ceiling height.

The size of the structure is approximately 8 meters long and 4 meters in depth. It sits on a single concrete slab which is approximately 40cm thick and Is capped off with a double pitched tiled roof.

I’d like to bring the floor level down so that it is closer with the external ground level. I’d say it would need to come down at least 40-50cm for this be viable.

I don’t envisage this to be a straight forward project in any case, however I am interested to know what the options are to make this happen safely, and without compromising the structure in any way.

Your thoughts please, and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back