Moisture-proof floor for metal shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a metal shed which I originally bought without a floor as I had arranged a concrete base to put the shed on as part of some renovation work. However, once the shed was put on the concrete base I found that rainwater was making it's way inside the shed so I bought a plastic grid base which I laid on top of the concrete and then filled with pea gravel.

The shed is now raised up above the surrounding ground so the rainwater issue is resolved but can I get some advice as to what material I can use to create a floor inside the shed without it breaking the bank? The floor needs to be able to withstand some water as during the colder months we get condensation inside which does drip down.

I initially thought OSB 3 but I don't think it will last with condensation water dripping on it directly.

I have considered leaving the floor as gravel but would like a smooth flat surface ideally.

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pallet timber , completely free, You could oil but being free just replace if it rots.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back