Mold Patches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to have my bedroom plastered and was wondering before I do is there anything that can be done about the mold which keeps appearing near the join of the outside wall and ceiling. I have heard that you can get plasterboard with foam backing to try and stop the wall from getting as cold. Has anyone had any success with this method.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
You need to treat it with a fungicidal wash and look at its cause - a cold spot due to no insulation above, lack of ventilation etc.

An insualting board will only work if lack of insulation was the cause in the first place

The house is a 1930's type with no cavity insulation, the bedroom also doesn't have a radiator as yet! I've checked the attic and can find no evidence of water ingress. Other parts of the house do suffer from small mold patches but in places where there is no circulation, not on open walls like in the bedroom.

Sponsored Links
[Black] mould is invaribly condensation, not water penetration, and will form on the coldest part of the room - open wall or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back