Monarchy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a recent UN Periodic Review...
...The United Kingdom reaffirmed its commitment to work in
partnership with colleagues in the international community and to make human rights a reality in people's everyday lives throughout the world...

...57. In the course of the discussion, the following recommendations were made to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:...

....19. To consider holding a referendum on the desirability or otherwise of a written constitution, preferably republican, which includes a bill of rights (######). ..

Hey up, is this suggesting outing by referendum, the Monarchy ???
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
not a chance...!!!

bloody do gooder americans sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong..

besides.. if there was a referendum, anyone who voted no to a monarchy can be hung as treason...!!! the only crime that still carries a death penalty in this country...

not a chance...!!!

b****y do gooder americans sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong..

besides.. if there was a referendum, anyone who voted no to a monarchy can be hung as treason...!!! the only crime that still carries a death penalty in this country...

AFAIK it was reduced to life imprisonment in 1998

I think they need to get more in touch with the public, I for one would have more respect for them if the whole family went and got a job in their local McDonalds.

Sponsored Links
I think they need to get more in touch with the public, I for one would have more respect for them if the whole family went and got a job in their local McDonalds.

Maybe we could have a real "Royal with cheese"

Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.

Back