Mondeo 2004 TDCI Car wont start,engine mgt light Glow plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey am new to this forum but would like anyones help.

I bought a Mondeo 2004 TDCI, I drove it for a bit and the engine lost power and i had to restart it again whilst on move but black smoke came out, the glow plugs light started flasing and engine mgt light came on but got car home somehow.

The next day tried to start the car but did not start. I got it diagnostics on machine came back with few error codes, main one was the pressure sensor. I got the fuel rail and sensor changed but still got same problem. Engine cuts out. If you want to know the codes please let me know.

I try to start the car next day but wont start so same problem with engine mgt light staying on.

Can someone please advise what I should do. As i have just bought it and its giving me problems, really stress out with this. If anyone can come and visit me would be even more grateful.

Thank You if you reply

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply.

Near 2 injectors it does look like theres oil around it, would that mean the injectors need replacing?

Also as it does not start would it still mean because of the injectors need replacing?

Is this a difficult job to do or could i do it myself, if so is there any videos i can see how to do it.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Hi I have found the fault its the injectors, can someone tell me where is the cheapest places to buy some and i was given ford part number 1307705 but cant find any with online. People selling delphi ones so how do i know which one i need in delphi? Thanks

How did you find out it was the injectors? If they are u/s they will need programming to the vehicle, there are numbers on the side of the injectors which have to be put into the ecu via diagnostic. just out of interest have you checked that the EGR valve is not stuck wide open as this will not allow the engine to start and is very common. if you want to check just remove the inlet hose and see if there is exhaust gas coming out. If so the EGR is stuck open. Oh Injectors are around the £100 mark each also it is a Delphi system.

Hi I have found the fault its the injectors, can someone tell me where is the cheapest places to buy some and i was given ford part number 1307705 but cant find any with online. People selling delphi ones so how do i know which one i need in delphi? Thanks

Ask on the talkford forum for the type (it will be delphi). You can pick them up on ebay also, usually the seller will know which engine they are suitable for.

Sponsored Links
Back