Mondeo Paint Match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6yo Mondeo Ghia X, which had a couple of rust spots on the seals near to the front wheel arches. I rubbed them down applied primer and then painted them.
I went to a Ford dealer to ask for an exact match for my car. The guy noted my Vin No and then told me it was State Blue. This came in a Holt's spray can, as did the grey primer. He assured me that was the correct colour.
Anyway, I applied 3 coats, but each time the paint looked a lot brighter than the original. It doesn't seem to match at all.
Is there anything I can do about it?

Sponsored Links
You must bear in mind that your trying to put brand new paint on, and get it to match 6 yr old paint. won't happen, go to a paint shop they will get you a better match making it up on the spot using their colour charts. it will not be perfect but should be better.

Libby Lou Lou said:
You must bear in mind that your trying to put brand new paint on, and get it to match 6 yr old paint. won't happen, go to a paint shop they will get you a better match making it up on the spot using their colour charts. it will not be perfect but should be better.

Thanks for that, I'll certainly bear that in mind next time.

Sponsored Links
Car repairers use a system to mix their paints it consists of about 50 different tins - can't remember the name - but they can match exactly any paint.

Back