Monitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having bought a new desktop with an Asus H110 M-R MoBo, I want a larger screen than my current LG W2243S, around 28". I plan, initially anyway, to use onboard graphics.

Not being a gamer, but watching films, would you bother with a qHD monitor or stick with full HD?

AOC Q2778VQE is a 27" 2560 x 1440 monitor that is well thought of for £207.
But it is TN. Would IPS be a better choice?

Hanns G also have a 3 year warranty. Their 32" (bit too big) HD HL326HPB is £163.

Sponsored Links
Hi dogg

Would you happily buy either of these?

If not, which would you go for?

What's you're budget, and how are you getting on with the drive issue. You know how you're desk is set up, and the 32" may be too big, and if you're just surfing the web etc, and don't need to open 2 windows side by side, then it may not suit you, even though it's a good price. And as most of these speakers are a bit naff, are you going for a sound bar, or at least speakers.

At the end of the day, you really need to look at each on in turn, and that's not so easy nowadays, but I'll have a more detailed look for you over the weekend.

And have you wandered round your local PC store.

Sponsored Links
Hi doggit

Thanks for the help.

Budget is round £200 or less.
The drive issue? Well, the last thing I asked was could I have what was advertised? Their response was do you want to keep it or send it back?
I'll let you know how I get on.

I have a separate 5.1 system, so monitor speakers will be ignored.
Have wandered round a certain computer store, assistants are less than useless..
Cheers!

I've had a quick look at the reviews, and I think they're both fairly similar, but you need to make sure that your pc can handle the QHD level. And as the hanns is a larger screen with a lowere resolution, it won't be as clear, but may not be ebough to notice. As you're going for films etc, can you get a QHD film, or will you end up downgrading to standard HD. And have you checked out hooking up a TV to the PC as an alternative.

Sorry, but not having looked at either monitor, I can't give you a definitive answer.

Hi doggit

Yes, PC has Asus H110 M-R MoBo. This has on board graphics supporting HDMI at a maximum res of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz.

Considering upgrading to a larger screen with better res chiefly to make it easier on my eyes.

Considered using TV but as I won't be using a TV in that loc and they are more expensive, I shall stick with a monitor.

Well the card handles the resolution, but how will the films work on it. Will you end up wasting the extra resolution, or will 4K films downsize to it okay. The Pc will resize any graphics to handle the higher resolution, but I'm not sure what it'll do to films, so this one's down to you I'm afraid, but I think I'd be inclined to look for a 28" with a full HD resolution.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help and honest opinions.

As you're not after it for gaming, then yes I would. It's got a good monitor spec, adequate inputs (although no usb hub) and a good resolution. It's not as cheap as the Hanns, but I can't seem to find any reviews on the Hanns, so can't comment on it.

Sponsored Links