Monobloc copper tap tail bending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone could advise me on the best way of bending the copper tail pipes that come with Monobloc taps.

The reason I ask is that I need to do bend these both slightly outward and then downward again for them to link up to the hot and cold 15mm supply pipes.

Is it possible to bend these by hand once they have been connected to the taps or should it be done without them being connected if so what is the best technique to ensure they will link up to the supply pipes. I was hoping to avoid using flexi tails.

I do have a hand pipe bending tool that I have used for some other work but these pipes are a bit too small to fit correctly under the former.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barrie

Sponsored Links
Whilst I wouldn't disagree with the last comment, I have managed to bend the copper tails on a monobloc tap

HOWEVER THIS has to be done VERY CAREFULLY.

Firstly the the tails must be SECURE and watertight in the tap housing.

THEN MOST IMPORTANTLY the bend should be as wide a sweep as you possibly can, bending only a very small amount on any one point.

APPLY VERY LITTLE PRESSURE.

I have managed to do it bending about 30 degrees, but I must hasten to add, I cannot be held responsible should you kink one.

However most good plumbers merchants have replacements.

GOOD LUCK..

Thanks for the replies. I must admit...westfire..you have me a bit worried about doing it. I'm not able to sweep the bends that much so I think I'm gonna have to go for hi-spec's suggestion.

Or bottle out and get flexi's. :LOL:

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back