Monobloc Pressure Problem - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. I have just bought a new Franke sink and mixer (from Ebay, dont know whether that was a clever idea)!!! V pleased with the sink and mixer, however there is next to no pressure either from the hot or cold water. Whilst the plumber was here, he checked the pressure (by un attaching the flexi-thing from the pipe, then turned the water on and sure enough the water was gushing out). Then when he re-attached the pipe to the flexi-thing that goes into the tap, the pressure was really low again. He said that there was probably a fault with the tap itself. He checked the flexi-thing that runs from the tap to the pipe to make sure nothing was obstructing it and also checked for any kinks in it. Any other ideas - this is driving me mad. It is taking about 2 mins just to fill the kettle up!!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi ya,could be isolation valve not fully open-if fitted-should be horizontal in fitting,or they may be a filter in the spout of the tap that may be blocked-end should screw off and have a look or flexible hoses too small a bore,or tap not uk specification(eu ones tend to have much lower flow rates) but,to be fair,your plumber should have checked all these things before he left-i'd be inclined to call him back-may not be his fault but he should be able to work out problem for you.

hodge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back