monobloc swivel spout leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the monobloc mixer tap on the kitchen sink is leaking at the swivel spout; that is, where the spout joins the mixer body. the spout was very wobbly too as the threaded collar fixing was partially unscrewed. I have unscrewed the collar and inspected the o ring expecting it to be gnarly but instead found that the rubber o ring was fine, but there was a plastic o ring (25mm dia) that was broken???
the swivel is the twist left pop out type... not fixed by a screw.
after applying some ptfe tape and jointing compound and tightening the collar the leaking (spraying water onto my wooden w/top and tiles) stopped.
Q?? will this suffice as a medium term solution????
Q??? where can i find a replacement plastic o ring???
Q??? why dont ppl run taps in houses that they view when house hunting!!??

Sponsored Links
You won't find spares unless you can find out what the make/model is AND it's an expensive one. Merchants will have O ring selection boxes, but that's about it. The white ring may be meant to be not a full circle, sometimes you only get 1 O ring to keep the water back.

thanks... your reply was what i expected.. although the fact that the white ring not being supposed to a complete circle wasnt.
the job i did with the ptfe and boss and retightening the collar seems to have done the trick.
Dya reckon this will work as a long term measure??? ie has sum doopid ass been fiddlin with it just cos i knocked the previous owners down a coupla grand for the purchase price for the house?? lol!!!

I would have piissed in the water tank if you had knocked me down £2000.00
:evil: maybe they allready have hah hah :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
ha haaaaaaaaaa!!! well its direct mains fed c/w ...(no tank.. old house) :cool: and combi fed dhw. spose u could always try the old cling film over the toilet pan trick tho..lololol.

ChrisR said:
You won't find spares unless you can find out what the make/model is AND it's an expensive one. The white ring may be meant to be not a full circle, sometimes you only get 1 O ring to keep the water back.

looked like a bristan artisan tap...f*&^ moi!! yeah expensive.. since most components are generally univesal i called bristan n they sent me a new o rind washer set foc o/night. urprise surprise.. the white washer was an incomplete circle too. cheers chris ur a star. o rings fit so now have spares just in case.

ChrisR said:
You won't find spares unless you can find out what the make/model is AND it's an expensive one.

I have similar problem: Took leaking spout off - there are 2 large o-rings and 1 small. Went to several DIY shops for o-ring replacements - none are quite right ie all are too thin. Where can i get replacents from. I don't know the tap make so I need a selection.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
I would have piissed in the water tank if you had knocked me down £2000.00
:evil: maybe they allready have hah hah :evil: :evil:

The prosecution rests it`s case......GUILTY.... of being a complete w**anker....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back