Monobloc tap question pop up waste seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just done my yearly inspection on a rented property and noticed some water stains in the hall (bathroom above). On inspection I could see water dripping down from the end of the pop up waste on the last bit of the bar that operates the waste. Do taps normally have an o ring or something that sits where the bar goes through the tap body.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More likely to be the rubber ball gland that operates the pop up bit I would think.....usually there's a knurled nut at the back which you can tighten.
John :)

Back over there today, got the CP12 check so will check the gland. Couldn't get a good look last night as no light in bathroom due to the tenants not being able to find the correct one. Armed with a torch and a replacement double d CFL hopefully all will become clear.

Tap seems to have a leak on the spout, this when the water is flowing runs down the popup waste shaft and causes the drip. CP12 failed on the hob letting by. So back over tomorrow to replace with electric halogen (gas capped off so Cp12 has passed). Would this likely to be an o ring for the spout, tap is pretty much like the one here are these repairable or is it a throw away item?

Sponsored Links
Undo the spout at the back of the spout where it swivels with an Allan key

Have a look at the condition of the o ring

It may need some silicone grease or a new ring with grease.

I wouldn't throw the tap away though :eek:

That's good scrap :p

If you end up changing the tap, buy one without a pop-up waste. Fit a new click waste and throw the old one as far as you possibly can out of the window.
:LOL:

Yep deffo get rid of the crappo lever system and get the click clack these ones are a liability. Was already working along that basis.

Cheers all let you know how it pans out

Don't forget to check if you need slotted or unslotted

Silly I know, but just to be sure and save yourself a trip

All sorted, new tap as old one was U/S. Also got rid of pop up waste and went for clic clac. Floor drying out nicely. Put tap and leaking gas hob outside and within 20 minutes it had gone.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back